Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One More Thing Before We Go...

Well the time has come, our bags are packed, and we are more than ready to head off to warm and sunny Dominican Republic. With all the snow and really cold weather we had today, we are definitely ready for some 80 degree Dominican weather!

While in the DR, I am going to try to update the blog as often as possible. I would love for you to be able to share in our fun times, the sweet blessings, and the cherished moments that God gives to us while we are here. And since a picture is worth a thousand words, I will try to upload a few of those along the way too.

My friend Heather has graciously volunteered to serve our team by posting daily updates including our activities, our prayer requests, and any information she may receive from surprise phone calls from a certain Spanish teacher (aka, me). The way to tell the difference between something Heather posts and something I post is at the bottom of the blog entry. Mine will say, "posted by Allison" and Heather's will say "posted by Adwen the Green Fairy" (I have no idea what that means) as I've demonstrated below. The days and times when I can post are unpredictable, but Heather has said she will probably post in the evenings between 7 and 9 pm.

On a side note, for the parents, sometime before Saturday I will be giving Heather the phone numbers of each of our host families. If you would like to have the number where your student is staying, please feel free to email Heather. I will give her email address when I call Teresa on the phone chain tomorrow. This will be after we've been through customs and are calling to let everyone know we made it.

Well that's all for now. I wish I could say we will miss the snow.... but we won't. Can't wait to see what God does in and through our team over the next few weeks.

With Much Love (Con Mucho Amor),

Miss Stolar

No comments:

Post a Comment