Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2009 DR Team Prayer Requests

Hello Everyone,


Well as the team settles in their hotel room before their early flight tomorrow, we thought would post something special.

Right now they're chilling in their rooms and watching American Idol.

Tomorrow, they are meeting at 4:30am for Breakfast. Jaclyn's mom brought bagels from Panera (thank you Panera for Donating) and Sarah's mom brought juice. The Shuttle bus will take them at 5am to the airport. Please pray that everyone sleeps, that they all make it downstairs on time and that the flight and time at the airport is safe and good.


Each student was asked to share some prayer request about the trip. As you are heading about your evening and through out the next few days, please remember these student's prayers. I will try to re-post them with their pictures throughout the trip as a reminder. Each morning you will see a picture posted of each student with their prayer partner. This is to remind you to pray for them that day.


So here we go:


Rachel B
~ That I can leave all my worries behind me
~ That I can let Gods light shine through me at every moment of the day
~ That I may only keep the tasks on hand in the front of my mind.





Abby R
~ That my first instinct would be to give my worries to God
~ That He would help me to be open to new experiences this year
~ Health
~ That God would do something awesomely amazing and mind-blowing to show our combined Logos and DC team's His incredible power




Mason S
~ A few unspoken requests
~ For friends and family while I'm gone
~ That I'll be able to take away as much as I possibly can from this trip

Brad G
~That I would grow stronger in my walk with God
~That I would figure out where I want to go to college and what career I will take
~That I would trust in the Lord and His timing of events
~That God would be with me and my family in these busy times
~That God would further strengthen and develop the friendships I've made while I'm here (with host families and Logos Team).



Courtney W
~ That I will receive a great blessing
~ In the skit performing on the 17th, pray that the message comes through clear.
~ That I would grow in my relationship with the host family.





Devin A
~ Safety while working
~ Feeling rusty with her Spanish, so prayer to remember and develop it better.
~ That her suitcase doesn't break (it did last year)




Sun L
~ That I'd stay healthy during the trip.
~ That I'd have a good time with Dominican host family.
~ That I'd have lots of fun with kids in the orphanage or day care.
~ That I'd find joy in the exhausting situations.
~ That I'd have more personal time with the Lord.
~ And that I'd come back here safely and quickly without any problems in the custom.
~ And prayer for all of team members and parents and leaders.


Lauren M
~ That I won't be frustrated by not being able to speak
~ That I will stay focused and on task
~ That I will show the kids love
~ That I will listen to what God has to teach





Kelsey H
~ That I won't get really sick
~ That I'll make connections and strong bonds with my host family, kids, and the Logos team.
~ That people will see a fire to serve in me as well as the light of Christ.
~ That I will use my Spanish more and learn some as well.
~ That I will just have a great, last year experience in the D.R.
~ Bug bites
~ For my family as I’m gone and dealing with the 1 year anniversary of my great grandma’s death.
~ College stuff when I return


Bethany K
~ That I will really connect with my host family and all the Logos students.
~ That God will reach out to people through me
~ That He will fill me with His love so I can show it to other people.





Kaylynn R.
~ Performing the skit Friday (the 16th) with Courtney. That the message is clear and that it goes smoothly.
~ that I will connect with the Logos students and kids.
~ That things will go well with the host family.
~ That God would teach her some things and that she would be receptive to what He shows her.
~ That I will remember my Spanish.

Alex
~ Prayer for her Mom, that she won't get lonely while I'm gone
~ That I don't get homesick
~ Never flown before
~ That I wouldn't get any migraines, and if I do, that they would pass quickly
~ That I can develop close relationships with the Logos students and the kids.


Chelsea M.

~ Restored and Continued Health (started the trip sick)
~ That she wouldn't have too much difficulty with the language barrier, that she would learn a lot of Spanish there.
~ Good connection with the Logos Students
~ Good connection with the kids at the Ark and Palo Blanco




Chelsea S.

~ That I won't miss family and friends back home
~ For me to build a relationship with Debora a little girl she supports through Kids Alive.
~ that God would do something in my life through the experiences on this trip.



Erica J.
~ for my sister, Andrea, who is leaving on a medical mission trip to Swaziland on the 22nd (working with orphans, they still need money for this trip).
~ that she would make some really awesome memories while I'm here.
~ make some good friends
~ for understanding of the spanish language and especially when at church and with the kids

Jaclyn B.
~ that I would connect well with the kids.
~ that I won't get sick
~ that my parents time in Florida goes well and stay safe. That their return goes well.
~ that God will teach her what she needs to learn.



Sarah H.
~ for Her Grandma who has leukemia (is in the hospital)
~ physical strength to keep working especially as the days go by
~ emotional strength when I am tired.
~ Continued Excited and continued energy as we work with the team and the children
~ Good sleep every night
~ More opportunities to practice Spanish and that I would be confident in my communication skills.


Josh S.
~ Restored Health (started the trip sick)
~ Continued Health
~ To not get burned out, that he'd keep the excitement going
~ To be able to connect well with Logos students and kids.




Josh T.

~ that the friendships I've gained would stay strong
~ that God would continue to teach him and re-emphasize the lessons learned while here.
~ that this wouldn't have just been a feel good week for me, but that I would take this into the rest of my life and learn much.
~ that I would learn more Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment