Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Adios DR...


Well, it's Tuesday morning now. We woke up today in warm sunny Dominican Republic...and will go to bed tonight in cold, snowy Ohio. What an incredible difference. As much as we are absolutely loving our time here at Hamaca Hotel, I think that we all secretly (and some not so secretly) ready to be home with our own showers and our own beds...not to mention our families whom we all miss a whole lot. Yep, it's hard to believe how fast these past two weeks have gone, but we are very much looking forward to heading home. We will miss our dear friends and the sunshine of the Dominican Republic....but we know that they will always and forever be a precious part of our hearts...and we will never forget them or our time here in this beautiful country.

We got up this morning at 9am and met for breakfast at La Cotica Buffet (which is the same place where we ate last night.) After that, we headed down to the beach one last time. Actually, that's where the team is right now as I type. I am sitting in a little air conditioned wi fi area overlooking the beach and the palm trees and the beautiful crystal blue water. The rest of the team is out there taking in their last moments of the Dominican sunshine. It's another wonderfully, sunny day...a perfect day for the beach. Yay!!

Around noon, we are going back to La Cotica for a quick lunch so that we can head back to our hotel rooms and get changed for our traveling home. We will need to be at the airport by 2pm to get all checked in and then we take off at 4pm. Santo Domingo to Miami...and then O-H-I-O!!!! (And we heard from Chelsea S's mom this morning that the weather prediction for today is 10 inches of snow. Wow! What a difference from what we are experiencing today!!!)

Well, I will close my last blog from the Dominican Republic with some pictures that I took about 20 minutes ago and then I will head out to enjoy my last moments in the DR sun too!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment