Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wednesday Itinerary

Hey there, Heather here to remind you of tomorrow's busy day.



Wednesday(tomorrow) they will continue their ministry at the Ark Children's Home and the Palo Blanco Care Center. They will spend the morning and afternoon ministering there with the Logos students.In the evenings they will gather as a team for devotions, some group activities, as well as a little personal free time. Getting the picture? They have the same "basic" itinerary every day, but they don't really do the same thing every day. As you saw from Miss Stolar's blogging today, they only when to the Ark today. Tomorrow it's Palo Blanco. Also, they may not do the same work each day. When they complete a task, they move on to the next thing. These places need their help and the list is long.



As Miss Stolar said, they didn't exactly enjoy their breakfast of Mangu. I think I found a picture of what it looks like. Given what I found when I googled the tasty dish, I'm sure glad that I had my Cream of Wheat this morning!!!

This trip has many elements and moments that stretch our students. Miss Stolar has hit on a lot of those today. They're eating food that they aren't familiar with. They are in a new location, where nothing is familiar. They're working hard, and I mean hard. It's wonderful that we can see their sense of humor is still in tact (sorry Mr Farmer, but that was pretty funny). But they are tired. It's exhausting to have all these new and different things going on. It's a good kind of tired. It's a tired feeling that comes knowing you've done something to make another person's life that much better.

Pray for them tomorrow. Waking up at that early hour is going to be down right hard. You know your students. Most of them probably aren't morning people. Now they've had two days of hard work under their belts. Their muscles are sore, their bodies are tired, and maybe a little bit of homesickness has really started to creep in. Pray for strength as they take on each day. Pray for them to take joy in the labor. Pray that the Lord shows them something truly special. Pray that He would help them to see that they are doing His work.

Here's some random Dominican facts to close on:
Their main industries are: tourism, sugar processing, ferronickel and gold mining, textiles.
They also drive on the right side of the road.

Good Night everyone! May the Lord Bless you as you take on tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey DR team!! May you s

    tand firm in what God has called you to do. May He strengthen you and empower you to do all the work. I pray His Holy Spirit will give you a jolt of energy. I am so humbled by your willingness to serve HIM in such a mighty way. You will be blessed beyond measure!!! I am praying for each of you and look forward to hearing about everything God is doing through you and in you!! Love in Christ, Holly Thomas

    ReplyDelete