Thursday, January 21, 2010

Girl Time!

While the team was working this morning on their work projects, Mrs. Henkel and I took some time to walk around to the houses and visit with some of the kids and the house parents. Since the kids didn’t have school today, some were playing, some were doing chores…but none were doing homework, that’s for sure. :) We got to spend about a half an hour hanging out with the little girl that I sponsor through Kids Alive, Janna and her sister, Yohanny. Janna is 11 and in 6th grade. Yohanny is 10 and in 4th grade. (They also have a brother who is Janna’s twin, but he was outside playing with his friends.) Janna and Yohanny very proudly showed us their very neat and tidy room, including their own beds, their closet and their favorite toys. Janna had a little stuffed duck that I gave her last year resting on her bed. That made me smile. One of the things that Mrs. Henkel and I learned and loved is that little girls are little girls, no matter what country they are in. Yohanny and Janna showed us their barbies, told us about “High School Musical” and had fun braiding our hair. This was probably one of my most precious moments being able to have one on one time with Janna and her little sister. I’m love being to be able to be one of Janna’s supporters…and I’m even more blessed because I know her personally and get to spend time with her each year. She is such a precious little girl and I love her dearly! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment